Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm scared...

...of Photoshop. That's what I discovered today when I decided to do some experimenting with my free trial of CS4. Aside from having hardly any clue as to what I was doing, I constantly second guessed anything I did to the picture I was playing around with. After a while I decided to compare what I'd done to the original -- I was so surprised initially at the amount of difference between the two photos (I didn't realize just how much the original was lacking in color until that moment). I guess what I'm getting at is: how do you know how much is enough -- and when you've overdone it? I don't want my pictures to turn out looking artificial because I went crazy with 'fixing' it. I decided I'd post the before and after here to see if anyone could give me any suggestions.

Here is the original:

And here is what I ended up with:

So, if anyone is still reading this blog, and if you know anything about Photoshop, photography, or just want to add your two cents on which picture you like better -- please, give me feedback! I'm still undecided about whether I like how the picture turned out or not. Does it look too enhanced?

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh!!! I love how vibrant the second one is! Definitely an improvement...it doesn't look artificial either...it just brings out the flower's natural beauty :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shaina! The husband said he liked the second one better as well when I showed it to him earlier today.... I haven't talked to you in forever! I hope you and your family are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the second one just takes my breath away! I looooove it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing well, staying really busy these days. It has been fun checking out your blog and seeing what you have been up to! :) The little one & husband sound wonderful...can't wait to meet them one day! Let me know sometime when you are in town & maybe we can all meet up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stacey! :-) Shaina -- I'm glad you are doing well! I don't know when the next time we will be back in town will be, but hopefully we will be able to get together so you can meet My Man and the little munchkin!

    ReplyDelete