Friday, April 23, 2010

Bad News and Good News

The bad news is that there are supposed to be "Strong Storms" all day tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure that we will have to postpone our outing to the zoo. That's okay though, it's not like the animals are going to go anywhere. :) Maybe next weekend the weather will be better...or maybe when we check the weather in the morning it won't be so bleak and we will still be able to go (not likely, but hey, you never know :).

Now for the good news: a friend of mine who lives in the area where I am hoping to be able to leave my horse while we are stationed overseas, may have found a farm for my boy! She is going to check it out this Sunday and will let me know what she thinks after that. I will feel SO much better once we get Titan taken care of and I know that he is going to have people that I know and trust keeping an eye on him for me. So, please pray that this will work out if it is the Lord's will -- and that if it isn't, that that will be clear and we will be able to find a good and safe place to keep him while we are gone.

Oh, an update on the blackout curtain and sleeping...this morning Peanut Butter Cup decided to wake up at his normal time (right around 6:50) and then not let me put him back down after that...so who knows which morning was the fluke? I guess only time will tell...I'm hoping that he will have a better night tonight. We shall see....

Goodnight everyone!

5 comments:

  1. When I saw the weather forecast and how it was hitting everywhere, I actually said, "well, I bet Heather's zoo trip is off." :-) I am assuming you all did not get to go, judging from what the radar said today. I hope you're able to reschedule soon!

    I really love the new colors (of course, I am biased. That shade of green is my favorite color, and I love it with brown, so… :-) I thought the old colors were pretty too, though, so my two cent's worth doesn't mean much! I think the title typeface goes with the overall feel. You do have a lot going on right now (it's very full of texture), so I would caution you about adding any more design elements so you don't make it too busy and therefore distracting.

    If you want a comment on your picture on the top, here's one (remember, you promised you don't bite… :-) I love the edited picture—it's gorgeous! I think the way you have the words now makes them a little difficult to read, though. A couple of things you could try, if you still have Photoshop, is making the color of the letters match the brown on the bottom half of your background (that would make your blog title look more integrated into the blog). Or you could try right-aligning your text and making it smaller and putting it in the bottom right hand corner where you have a more out of focus background. That would allow your picture to pop and make the words a little easier to read without them fighting over each other for attention. Ideally, too, you could make that typeface match the titles on the rest of the blog.

    Anyway, those are just picky little details. I really like it overall. And I don't mind the song (although sometimes I have to linger on your site to let it finish because I want to hear the rest of it). If I open your site in the library or something, I just mute my computer. A few different songs might be fun, but this one isn't annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Rafe starts sleeping later for you! Maybe his body is just so programmed to wake up at that earlier time, that it will take a few days (or more) to adjust into a different time frame. I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'll be praying that the situation works out for Titan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new print magazine is debuting this fall! “Pursue Beauty” will create a haven of beauty and fellowship for young women through challenging articles, moving fiction, and lots of reader participation. Please subscribe to our blog (http://www.pursuebeauty.blogspot.com) and consider subscribing or downloading the sampler issue when it is available in September. We’re spreading the word now because we need subscribers and writers to help us build this community. Please pass this information on to any of your friends or family who might be interested. – Natalie Ference, Editor in Chief

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karissa -- thanks for the tips! What do you think of the new color for the title? I tried to re-align the title and wasn't able to...I agree with you that the picture and text are fighting for attention -- as we see it on our Macs anyway. It is a different font, size and placement on other operating systems. :-) The typeface is a whole other issue that I will have to play around with at some point...see, I had to mess around with the CSS to get them the way they are and I'm not sure I can make them match, but now I'm very curious to see if it is possible. You've inspired me Karissa! Oh, and thanks for giving me your opinion on the song! :-) I think I will try to add more variety in the near future. :-)

    Thanks Stacey! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete