My little Peanut Butter Cup rolled from his back to his tummy by himself for the first time earlier this afternoon! He still got his arm stuck under himself, so I had to help him get it 'unstuck', but the whole rolling thing he did on his own. :-) Unfortunately he did it when I had my back turned (I was getting ready to feed him so I set him down on the bed...I saw him trying, but I didn't think he was going to get all the way over. Next thing I knew, he was on his tummy!) I'm so proud of him! It's bittersweet though; the excitement I have for each new accomplishment he has is always mixed with thoughts of "Slow down! You're becoming less and less of my little baby. You don't have to grow up quite so fast." He's in too much of a rush to grow up and try new things however, so I just have to enjoy every precious moment of his adorable 'baby-ness' right now...while it lasts.
I was going to try to post a couple of pictures I took of him after he'd rolled onto his belly, but while I was uploading them to my computer I ran out of space on my hard drive with only nine pictures left to upload. Guess which pictures those were? If you guessed the ones I had just taken of him after he'd rolled over, you were correct. The irony. Then to add insult to injury, my camera battery died. So, I'm trying to make space on my hard drive so I can finish uploading them...after my camera battery recharges. Ha ha.
Yay! A milestone marked :-) I hope he doesn't get too adept at it in the next nine days…I want to see him still mostly non-mobile again!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm waiting for the day when you abbreviate your nickname for him to PBC, since it's a tad shorter… :-)
Ha ha! I've thought about abbreviating it to PBC, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet...it's similar to me not being ready for him to move into his own room quite yet.... Or maybe I'm just OCD. :-p
ReplyDeleteOCD sounds about right :-)
ReplyDeleteYou still have time before he needs to be in his own room, especially with you guys moving soon. If I were you, I wouldn't even think about it until a few weeks after you're moved and he's adjusted to his new surroundings. I've babysat for moms who put their babies in their own room the day they come home from the hospital, and others who keep them in their room for a long time (I know one kid whose crib wasn't moved until after her 1st birthday!) Six to eight months seems about right to me. With your move, waiting until the eight months wouldn't be outrageous. Then again, what do I know? It's easy to speculate when you're not actually a parent :-)
Great minds think alike! Your suggestions about waiting until at least a few weeks after we've moved and gotten settled are exactly what we are planning on. I don't want him to go through the stress of moving and then suddenly find himself all alone for the first time. That would be terrible!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be an awesome mom one day! I can't wait!