So, I'm sitting here with Peanut Butter Cup thinking about how we don't have much longer here and will be moving in about 3 1/2 months probably. We've been here since October '08 and I haven't made any friends while we've been here. I'm determined not to let that happen at the next place we are sent to...it's too lonely. Most of the time it doesn't really bother me -- I've got my husband and Peanut Butter Cup -- but when my husband is gone all day, I don't have anyone to talk to...I find myself trying to come up with reasons to call my mom just so I can talk to someone who actually talks back.
I've always been an introvert, and I enjoy being alone with just my family most of the time. So, I've never been a girl that had a schedule overflowing with an abundance of social activities, but sometimes I just want to talk to someone (e.g., another woman with similar interests and situation in life, around my age, possibly with a child around the same age as my son) and not having anyone is pretty lonely sometimes. I have a few 'acquaintances' here, but haven't really been able to really get to know anyone. I was getting to know one of my neighbors, but she moved a couple of months ago -- right when I was starting to get to know her better.
Anyhow...all that to say: wherever we end up next, I am determined to make friends. I'll stop wallowing in self-pity now.
No comments:
Post a Comment