Anyhow, on to. . .
Day 3--Eight Fears:
1. That I'm failing as a mom. . .since I didn't babysit growing up I'm still 'learning as I go', sometimes I worry that I'm not doing a good enough job.
2. That I'll somehow manage to mangle our finances while my hubby is away. I think in some aspects that fear is somewhat helpful. . .it helps prevent me from making stupid financial decisions and makes me think twice (or well, maybe more like five or six times =p) about anything before I buy it, ha ha. ;)
3. That my horse is truly what he has been termed by some--a rogue--and may never be trainable. =(
4. That my hubby is going to get bored with my somewhat repetitive daily letters since my life doesn't vary much day to day, ha ha. =p
5. That my acne is never going to go away (seriously, what happened to it being just a teenage problem? Bleh).
6. Caterpillars. I'm serious. I know it's irrational--I can't even explain why I'm afraid of them. . .I used to play with them when I was a little kid (I LOVED Wooly Bears!!!)--I was still fine with them even after having a traumatic experience involving a Catalpa caterpillar when I was about 4 that still freaks me out to think about and getting stung once when I was probably 7 or 8. I'm not entirely sure when I developed this fear, I just know that sometime around the time I entered into the double-digits age-wise anytime I saw a caterpillar anywhere near me my heart would start beating faster--and each time I had to go in the chicken coop after the web-worms had left their nests I about died from the thought of one falling off of the overhead wire onto me (hey, it was a very real possibility--I've seen them falling from there!). I may or may not still have that same reaction at the thought of a caterpillar falling on me. The few times I have actually found a caterpillar on my clothes after walking through underbrush or sitting on the ground in the summertime for awhile have been the closest I have ever been to having a panic attack I think. Over a caterpillar. Like I said it's irrational. . . .
7. That I'll never be truly good at something. . .just mediocre in a few things.
8. The same things any wife of a deployed soldier fears--I just can't put them into words.
No comments:
Post a Comment