Saturday, October 15, 2011

We Found a House!

Yep, as the title suggests we found a place to call home for the duration of my hubby's deployment (though it's hard to fathom it really feeling like 'home' without his presence!). It's a cute little house in a beautiful setting, set back from the road and relatively private. My mom was awesome and did all of the running around checking out the various houses we have been looking into, taking pictures, and then promptly e-mailing us the pictures with descriptions and thoughts (thanks Mom! :).


We submitted applications for two different places, but one of the places--though it had a nicer house that was somewhat more convenient in a lot of ways--we had some concerns about, so we prayed that God would close the door on their end if it wasn't the place for us. To make a long story short, the door was closed. We were accepted for the second house and sent in the security deposit today.


As I'm sure you can imagine, not having to worry about finding a place to live now is a HUGE stress reliever!! Though the house isn't perfect and I'm going to have a LOT of baby-proofing to do, I am very grateful to not have to worry about finding a place to live anymore (especially one that fit all of our specifications!). So, without further ado, here are a couple of the pictures my mom sent....

Off to the right is the horse pasture....

 Just another view of the front....

So there you have it! Our future home. 

Oh, please be praying for the truck to sell quickly! The guy that was going to buy it last weekend backed out, but there is another guy who wants to take a look at it tomorrow, so we are praying that will go well. As much as we hate to see it go, we do need it to sell so we can have the money we need for the move. 

I will try my best to keep updating more often as we prepare for the move and deployment...I know things are bound to become pretty hectic and stressful at times around here, but I will *try* to post more often. I do miss blogging!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Heather, what a cute little house! And the setting looks wonderful! Do you know when you'll be moving? The last I heard, y'all were still trying to figure that out. I would love to come help you move in and help with anything you need if I'm still home and available. :-) I can't wait to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till you move back to VA so I can see you and catch up and me your little man...when are you moving? And the house looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks so cute! Might be a good place to come and visit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm new to the army wife life and found your blog and wanted to say hello. what a lovely new home! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you are going through. My family and I moved from the house we had been living in for sixteen years to another house in the country. The Lord provided a beautiful home for us. It was a hectic enough moving from one home to the next (the homes being only about 30min. away). But to move across state with a little baby and the thought your husband leaving for another few months, is a whole other matter entirely! May the Lord bless you and your husband richly!

    In Christ,
    Kayleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Stacey: We like the setting too! I bet it looks even lovelier now that the fall colors are in full swing.... We are arriving in VA at the end of November. Thanks for the offer!

    @ Stephanie: I can't wait to see YOUR little man and your darling little girl also!!

    @ Courtney: You are ALWAYS welcome to come visit, you know we love you!! :)

    @ Amy K: Welcome to the Army! It's a hard life in a lot of aspects, but also a very rewarding one in others.

    @ Kayleen: Thank you! I think moving any distance in any situation is probably always hectic, but you are right moving and then having my husband leave for a year adds a whole new element. My heart keeps trying to tell me that he is going to be there with us during our year in the house in VA, but my head knows that isn't entirely accurate.

    ReplyDelete