I am NOT a person who enjoys drama and was sincerely hoping that everything would be resolved and that we could all move forward, but now I feel severely disappointed, stuck, and like I was run over all the more by this person's refusal to accept responsibility. Anyhow, please pray for me friends, I really need it right now! Pray for God to help me accept that I can't change people and to be more forgiving in that light. I'm so stressed right now. : (
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Frustration. . . .
Okay, please forgive me everyone, but I need to vent for a minute. . . . Recently my husband and I tried to get some things resolved with someone, but instead of taking responsibility for their actions the other party simply denied them or passed the buck. Supposedly the issues are now "resolved," but I don't feel that way at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't help but feel like if someone doesn't realize what they did and refuses to accept responsibility for their actions and then actually apologize for the hurt they caused, then the issue isn't really resolved (anyone else feel like this? Am I the only one?). I've been told by someone else that I need to be "the bigger person" and realize why the other person is seemingly incapable of taking responsibility for their actions and simply forgive them, but not allow them to run me over again if they do try that in the future (and I know that is good advice). It's just that I am struggling with it because I feel like if they don't realize what they did, they're just going to do it again regardless (because it apparently never happened in the first place . . . yeah right). Maybe I should simply 'turn the other cheek', but this person made my life miserable for a long time so I'm having a hard time. I guess that's just the human side of me wanting 'justice' and resolution.
I am NOT a person who enjoys drama and was sincerely hoping that everything would be resolved and that we could all move forward, but now I feel severely disappointed, stuck, and like I was run over all the more by this person's refusal to accept responsibility. Anyhow, please pray for me friends, I really need it right now! Pray for God to help me accept that I can't change people and to be more forgiving in that light. I'm so stressed right now. : (
I am NOT a person who enjoys drama and was sincerely hoping that everything would be resolved and that we could all move forward, but now I feel severely disappointed, stuck, and like I was run over all the more by this person's refusal to accept responsibility. Anyhow, please pray for me friends, I really need it right now! Pray for God to help me accept that I can't change people and to be more forgiving in that light. I'm so stressed right now. : (
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I found you on military spouse blogger :) Im a new follower!
ReplyDelete