Sunday, October 31, 2010

The "Good News"

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get this posted! I've been very busy--and you are about to see why!

Though our hearts are still heavy from the loss of Quigley, we now have a new fur-baby. While he will not take Quigley's place (and to be honest, we wouldn't want him too!), and our goal was not to 'replace' Quigley, he is helping to fill the empty silence and stillness that pervaded the house in Quigley's absence.

We couldn't stand walking past Quigley's empty crate, or seeing an empty spot in the room where it had been. The timing may seem off to some, but we feel like everything fell into place at the time that it did for a reason. We had been hoping to eventually get a mastiff puppy and they are kind of unusual here (as are most large breed dogs here in Hawaii), I saw an ad on Craigslist and replied to it, and eventually discovered that the man that had the puppies was actually one of my husband's old buddies from here before (they had deployed together years ago). To make a long story short, we got a puppy from them.

He is an English/Italian (or Neapolitan technically) Mastiff mix, and is going to be quite a large fellow when he eventually finishes growing (his daddy weighs about 130 pounds, and we have our suspicions that our boy may surpass him--though he may not).

Anyhow, we brought him home last Tuesday and have decided to name him Copper. We are currently working on housebreaking and other basic obedience training (I'll be glad when we are past this stage!).

Without further ado, here he is:


I will add some more pictures of him later, but I just wanted to 'introduce' him to you! :-)

On a totally random side note--it's hard to believe that Peanut Butter Cup's due date was a year ago today! How time flies!!

I'll be getting a hair cut later today . . . I think I'm going to end up with a hairstyle that is completely different from what I am used to--I normally chicken out at the thought, but this time I'm going to go for it! I'll post before and after pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. What did you end up doing to your hair? I want to see! :-) Is it short or just styled?

    How big is the puppy now? It's awesome you were able to find him in Hawaii! I know you told me how hard it is to find big dogs there. Copper is the perfect name for him—he fits it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's both! :-) I'll try to post pictures today if I get a chance.

    Copper weighs about 15 pounds right now, and as of today, he is exactly 9 weeks old. :-) He's going to be a BIG boy. Hurray!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete